Sunday, June 21, 2009

It is well with my soul

I think of my dad often but especially on Father's Day. I think of the life he lived - the life he lived well. I only knew him for 9 years but the impact he made will last a lifetime. He was the best father a girl could ask for. I thank God for the time I did have with him and things I learn from his example, even now. I love him dearly and I am comforted to know that this world was not his final resting place.

In Loving Memory of Howard Ray Allen Jr. (A.K.A. dad)

6 comments:

  1. What a great Dad. You have his smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think you resemble your mom a lot, but that last picture of your dad smiling so big...that is sooooo you! Your smile looks just like that! What a neat post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post. It reminded me of my dad, whom I lost almost 6 years ago. I am so thankful for all the memories of our wonderful times together. Thanks for helping me think of him as I saw the pictures of your dad. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea,
    Your Daddy was one of the best men I ever knew. He was a strong dedicated Christian, a very hard working man,a great Dad and just a fun guy to be around. I know you feel good to know that you had such a Dad. I really appreciated the pictures and your comments. Much Love, Uncle Joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Your dad was one in a million Andrea. We all loved him dearly. He was one of the best fathers in the world, and was so proud of all his children. You were blessed!

    Aunt Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks like a joyful man and he's passed down that joyful heart to you (and your kiddos!). I'll look forward to meeting him someday.

    ReplyDelete