Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, It's Amy's Birthday!

Happy Birthday little sis!!

I love ya! I always have.

Found this picture (of Amy and I) and it reminded me of Aubrey and Evie. For those of you who don't know, our daughters are about the same age difference as Amy and I. LOVE IT!

Here is a sweet picture of our sweet girls. Can you see the similarities of them and their moms?



You know how parents will tell cute stories about their kids OVER and OVER again? Some of them stick and some don't. One story has stuck in our family about my little sister which I will share with you.

We were at Disney Land in California visiting extended family and it was around Amy's birthday. She fell asleep in her stroller and could hear Donald's 50th birthday parade celebration. When she heard the Happy Birthday song, she raised up and said "They are singing Happy Birthday to me."
This story is always endearing to me. I am sure other family members have slightly different versions to this story but this is the one I tell from the accumulation of my recollection of that day and the 100+ times I have heard it:)

I love you Amy, and today I sing happy birthday to YOU!

This one's for you!
It doesn't say but this 50th birthday bash was in 1984, around Amy's 3rd birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Talk about similarities..yes! Aubrey looks just like you did back then. Love the picts. Karen

    ReplyDelete