Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"Sandy's his name, if you please!"

Every child should have an Aunt G' and Uncle Buss! We love hanging out with them. Thanks for being awesome for us and our kids always. They showered Aubrey with random little gifts, drew fun things with her, we played with Uncle Buss's old school farm set and laughed a lot. Needless to say, we had a great time in Austin!
Debbie picked me and Aubrey up, then went to Lufkin to pick up Renee' (AKA Aunt Nee') & baby Reid, then headed to Austin to see Aunt G' and Uncle Buss for a fun-filled weekend. One of the main events planned was to see the musical Annie.

Let me explain:
At the age of 4, Angie (Aunt G') had experienced Annie (the film) when it first came out - so it has been a classic in the Silverthorne household. Angie was so sweet and thoughtful to get tickets to see Annie (the musical) in Austin so Aubrey (along with Aunt G', Aunt Nee', Nana & myself) could experience the sweet red-head in person (Aubrey has been telling people we got to see "a real Annie on stage'). We loved it!! It was at the UT campus (where Darrell, Angie & Renee' went to college).
NOTE: To all you die hard Annie fans who have seen Annie the movie and not the musical, it is a little different. There are some songs that are the same but some are different which is pretty fun to hear a mix of new songs and good old staples like "Tomorrow." Wikipedia does a good job of explaining the stage to screen differences.

In preparation for our girls trip (Note to Aaron: I am only calling it a girls trip because just girls road in the car :) to Austin, Nana (Debbie) bought the movie Annie on DVD and Aubrey watched it a couple of times so she was pretty familiar with the story line, characters and songs.
Aubrey sang the song Tomorrow many times this past weekend and even made up her own about Sandy. After seeing the musical, she asks me to sing It's the Hard-Knock Life and Little Girls.

Back to Angie: Debbie got Angie the Annie outfit when she was little and has kept it all these years (that is just like Debbie to do that - THANKS) so she let Aubrey wear it this weekend which Aubrey was MORE THAN EXCITED about!!

ANGIE AT AGE 4

AUBREY AT AGE 3 (In the same dress & wig - yes, the wig had seen it's better days)


Also, here are some videos Angie took with her camera which are precious to me. You can also view (on YouTube) other videos she took that night of Aubrey as Annie.
Enjoy:


Oh yes, Aubrey nominated one of Angie and Aaron's dogs Sandy (AKA Sadie) and the other one Shoo-Shoo Baloney (AKA Scoop)

Other pictures from our fun trip:




5 comments:

  1. Aubrey is too cute! I loved the video! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! We're huge Annie fans! Anna Kate and I can sing all the songs (I made sure to pass on my love for Annie). I remember when I was a little girl, my Mom took me to see the musical. We stayed afterward and got to meet the cast and get autographs. As we were leaving we stopped at a traffic light and I looked over in the car next to us. It was Daddy Warbucks! We got to ride several blocks next to him. I though that was so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! The pictures and videos are ADORABLE!!! I'm so glad Angie saved that outfit! It looks so cute on Aubrey!!
    And I love Reid's giraffe outfit! Super cute:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great! I'm so jealous...I LOVE Annie!! I would love for Mallory to get to see it! Cute videos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aubrey is way too cute - she makes a GREAT annie too. I love that movie and might just need to see the play now.

    ReplyDelete