Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy Campers

We are so happy for Randy & Shelia. Congratulations on 30 years of marriage!!

(Pictured w/their kids. Left to right: Stephanie, Randy Jr., Amanda)

We were so excited when we got the invitation for my Uncle Randy & Aunt Shelia's 30th Wedding Anniversary. They invited friends and family to celebrate with them at Hord's Creek Lake in Coleman, TX while camping over the weekend. It was so fun to hang out with my dad's side of the family. I have only seen them off and on briefly for the past 20 years. It was great to really spend some time with Randy (my Dad's brother) and all of his kids & grandson - AND Aunt Narva (my dad's sister), most of her family & grandkids. I was so excited that Uncle Joe (my Grandpa's brother) and Aunt Doniece showed up as well :) (Love you guys!)
My twin, Drew, and his clan made the drive also which was awesome.

Randy & Shelia reserved a covered pavilion/kitchen with plenty of campground around it and they treated us well with lots of yummy food!

Setting Camp
This was Aubrey & Pete's first camping experience and it went so well that I am sure we will be doing it again. Bryan is awesome at setting up camp and is really in his element outdoors. He leaves no stone unturned. He thought of everything and made it so comfortable for our little family to all sleep in one tent.
Pete and Aubrey LOVED exploring! (despite the fact that neither of them are smiling in these next two pics :) I just thought these were cute.How did our kids sleep? WELL! They were pooped out from all the driving that morning, the dirt digging, the brisket eating, lake swimming & people meeting; they were both out like a light the minute they entered the tent.

Swimming at the Lake

On the way to the lake, since we were on back roads, Drew and the girls road in the back of the truck. It was so fun to see them enjoying themselves (victory!) Unky Drew is fun!

NOTE: Aubrey found my toiletry bag just before we went and applied some lipstick to her face.

The lakefront was nice and clean! I was so grateful for that. There was an area sectioned off for swimming so it was fun to get in and cool water with family and just have some fun. This is a picture of Charlotte and youngest daughter, Allie, at the lake:

Of course we brought Buck which was an awesome decision. He was so awesome the whole trip. He really surprised us because he typically HATES water but just got in and started swimming. We loved it! When else can you feel good about being in a body of water with your dog? Thanks Drew for taking a family photo for us. (He actually took most of these pictures I am posting)
Then, I asked Bryan if he would squat so we could get a picture to add to his squatology set, so he did gladly.
The girls loved the ride in the back of the truck on the way back from the lake. Drew and I didn't get what was so funny but Aubrey and Lysie seemed to be telling jokes and laughing like crazy. It is so precious to see our girls enjoying time together.


Boating/Tubing on the Lake
Randy asked if we wanted to go out on his boat and we jumped on that! I didn't realize he had a Pontoon boat. SWEET! I had lots of fun just hanging out, tubing, enjoying the low percent humidity, and cute little kids in life jackets.




1 comment:

  1. We loved this post! I wish we could have been there, too. Mom and Dad loved spending time with all of you and told us all about it. Chad and I just looked throught the whole squatology picture set and laughed our heads off. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete