Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"No Biz like Showbiz"

Showbiz Pizza? Oh, Chuck E. Cheese I mean.
I was wondering why people ask if I remember when Chuck E. Cheese was called Showbiz. "ummm, not really"
Was Chuck E. Cheese actually "Showbiz Pizza" at one point?
Wikipedia says: Showbiz Pizza Place was a restaurant chain popular in the 1980's. It's history is greatly intertwined with that of it's main competitor, and eventual successor, Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theatre. So that explains it. I do remember going there with my family in the mid 80's however. Mom said we went to a Chuck E. Cheese for my dad's birthday when we visited my Uncle Randy who lived in Abilene, TX at the time. I treasure these pictures:


I have taken Aubrey to Chuck E. Cheese two times this past weekend. I think she has had her fair share of the big Rat for a while.
The first time we met with some some friends during the day on Friday and had a great time. It was nice that there weren't very many people do to the fact that school has started already for a lot of kids. Here are a few pictures from that day:
Bryan and I thought Grayson looked pretty grown up in this first picture. I think he is soaking it all in.
Addison and Mallory were pretty cute riding the horse:


Kiddos were dancing...They were getting their groove for sure and it was cracking me up. I don't think they even cared about eating pizza at this point.

Our second trip to C.E.C.'s, we met up with my brother Drew & his family (my sister-in-law, Charlotte and my 3 lovely nieces) and my other brother, Aaron. We were too busy with taking care of kiddos and playing games that I didn't bust out the camera much but I did manage to get these two shots.
Bryan was playing a game and our niece, Alyse crawled in his lap and then Aubrey did of course. I think they were all having fun:

This next one is of my sweet little niece Allie. She is growing so fast! She was so pleasant and slept most of the time were we there.

Last, I leave you with this:
If you ever seen The Rock-afire Explosion, you may find this humorous as I did:

No comments:

Post a Comment