Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Trim you, trim me!

Trim up the tree with Christmas stuff
Like bingle balls, and whofoo fluff
Trim up the town with goowho gums and bizilbix and wums
Trim every blessed window and trim every blessed door
Hang up whoboohoo bricks, then run out and get some more!
Hang pantookas on the ceilings, pile pankunas on the floor
Trim every blessed needle on the blessed Christmas tree
Christmas comes tomorrow Trim you, trim me!
...
I'm tellin' ya, that Dr. Seuss was pretty darn creative - this song came in my mind just before I created this post so I thought I would share.
This past Saturday we decided to go pick up a fresh Christmas tree (yes, I love the smell of real pine), trim it up and set it in our living room just as most American families are doing this time of year. Good times were had by all. Bryan and Aubrey did a great job of making sure the tree looked perfect before we set it out for display. Aubrey is helping "trim up the tree" in this picture. (NOTE: not to worry folks, daddy is near to make sure Aubs is only cutting little tree branches)

Then, it is time for the lighting of the tree and the star...of course, little Aubrey Who has to show daddy that she now knows the song "Twinkle, twinkle wittle star" after she sees the one on our tree.

I thought I would end with this little video I took with my camera. Check it out:

3 comments:

  1. Oh, look how long her hair is! She is quite the big girl.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video of her saying cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME BLOG! I LOVE THE LITTLE VIDEO. HOW DID YOU USE U-TUBE? DO YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT? AND HOW DID YOU MAKE YOUR PICTURE HEADING LIKE THAT?
    AUBREY IS ADORABLE. SURELY SHE'LL MAKE A GREAT BIG SISTER.

    ReplyDelete