Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mulching MUST GO ON!

I was determined to mulch today!
I had five bags of mulch in our garage for over two weeks and it was high time I did something about it. I am sure that some of you can relate as a moms or dads in that things you want to accomplished during the day are sadly dismissed when you have a clingy, or whiny, or sleepy, or hungry or sick child in which to tend. Hands down, your child is your first responsibility am I right? Well, today I was determined to get my mulching done dangit!
I had it all planned out, I was going to mulch and plant some flowers while Aubrey played with sticks and rocks out in the yard. It was a simple plan and I had high hopes that it would actually work, but Aubrey had different ideas. She didn't want to play with all of the fun rocks and sticks, she wanted to hang on me. It is something I love normally but would not work while this pregnant lady was tending to her yard. I began to get frustrated and wanted to give up...but NO, the mulching MUST GO ON!
Hmmmm, what could we do? I went in for a glass of water while I pondered this dilemma. Just then, I hear Aubrey running in saying "watch Dora," "watch Dora." Ah hah, eureka, she can watch Dora outside on her portable DVD player we got her for her 1st birthday (which incidentally has been a great gift for us as well).

So to conclude my story, there was my precious child out in the garage happily watching her show while I was able to accomplish my task. I was very pleased and learned that sometimes if you want to get things done, you just have to be a little creative.

2 comments:

  1. Great story and great idea! I love the cozy wagon-theater set up. Very creative indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY!! way to go Dre!

    ReplyDelete