Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"It was a hullabaloo"

We had a fun time in Tyler last week. On Thursday I took Pete and Aubrey to the zoo after hearing a group from our church was going. It was enjoyable getting to see friends from church and Aubrey really had a grand ole time cruising through the zoo, checking out all of the animals with one of her best buddies, Grayson. One way Jill and I kept the kids motivated is by telling them we were looking for the monkeys. Sad to say that we actually missed the monkey exhibit because of lack of time. (NOTE - To Aubrey & Grayson - we will see those monkeys someday but you will have to wait until the fall when it is cooler, it is pretty darn hot out there) Another thing, I thought it was cute that Aubrey would go up to other kids in the group and say "I got a great idea!" then she would start hopping like a kangaroo. I don't know if she was trying to start an animal parade or what but it seemed like a great idea to her.

Here is a series of photos of a giraffe trying to sit down. I have never really thought about it but once I realized what an ordeal this was, I sort of felt sorry for the big guy.





Bryan was out of town for a couple of days so I decided to stay in Tyler and hang out with the fam. We went to my brother's house and just chilled out with my sister-in-law and 3 beautiful nieces. Aubrey really enjoyed that!

Here is Aubrey and her other best buddy, Alyse (A.K.A. Lysie)
I think this is so adorable - these two girls absolutely love to watch "Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!" and it is great watching them enjoy it together while embracing each other.

We really had a great time with my brothers when they got off of work and our friends, the Roberts, as well. I truly am grateful Aubrey and Pete have such wonderful aunts, uncles, cousins and friends! (this is Pete & his Unky Aaron)
Here are pics of Lysie & Aubs at a park which is just walking distance from the Allen's house:



1 comment:

  1. Aubrey looks like a celebrity in this picture with the giraffe!! She should try to get a career in modeling!

    ReplyDelete