Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm Potty Trained!!

Yes, at the ripe old age of 28 I decided it was time I got to run to the potty when I needed to go...(insert awkward pause)...Okay, really I am talking about our little Aubrey. Yep, I can safely say she is potty trained. She has been for a while but I just wanted to make sure she wasn't still having accidents when I posted this. Yep, only factual information here at the Silverthorne Sentinel - guaranteed. I am so glad to not have to buy diapers for a while. I am still set with the supply given to me for Mr. Pete by wonderful friends and family. We are sitting dry and pretty here at the Silverthorne household.
(Note: this picture was taken in Pitkin, CO - We gave her books to read while on the potty for incentive to stay on there long enough to take care of all of her business)


HOW SHE TRAINED - (Do not read this part if you are not interested in toddler potty training - it might bore you)
I am really proud of Aubrey though. She actually potty trained a lot faster than I thought she would. This is how it all went down:
1)We bought her a small kids potty about 6 months ago and she seemed interested in it at first and then lost it for a little while then I decided to get more serious when I recently heard of her friend Grayson potty training so
2) We got her a lid for the big potty to give her options.
3) Her Nana bought her plenty of cute panties.
4) We gave her lots of praise when she went
5) I then printed out an incentive chart which was just a picture of a choo choo train in which she could put stickers on when she did her business in the potty. Potty "train" - get it? LAME - she got 1 sticker for going #1 and 2 for going #2. Makes sense right? m&m's were given at one point as well. She got a little bored with all of that after a while but by that time, she got use to the idea of going to the potty.
6) We just put her in panties and if she had an accident we would just clean it up and tell her that it was okay but she needed to go the the potty next time. After a couple of days she was going to the potty every time.

I am sure every kid is different but that is our potty story. It was awesome! SHE was awesome. I am so proud of her and it is so cute so see her in her little panties.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Aubrey!!! Great job to mom and dad too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela gives me stickers when I go to the bathroom succesfully. It's awesome. I'm proud of little A.

    Uncle Bus

    ReplyDelete