Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'll take that one!

I know children show preference for foods pretty early...you know, ugly faces when the pea and spinach baby foods are spooned their way. I didn't really know what age kids show a preference for clothes though. Aubrey has been upset when I have tried to squish her foot into a shoe that's too small just because I didn't want to admit that I had to purchase yet another pair of dress shoes, or she has fussed when a shirt was too itchy...but
STIPES OVER SOLIDS?
That is something I wasn't expecting. A couple of days ago I was putting a solid, pink tank top on Aubrey and she motioned for me to take it off. (actually by whining and trying to take it off herself - I am clued into her language now) After I took it off, she walked over to her striped tank top and put it over her head, attempting to put it on herself. Well, I put it on her and she seemed so happy. The shirt SHE wanted was on her!
That's not all...
She was eating dinner in it and a little bit of food got on it so I put it in her dirty clothes basket. The next day she brought that same striped shirt to me (that she had drug out of the dirty clothes basket) and attempted to take her existing shirt off. I thought it was so cute that I put the striped shirt on her the next day. Here is a picture of her in her favorite, dirty shirt for the second day in a row. I guess she just likes to wear stripes like her daddy.

1 comment:

  1. Already a fashionista. Watch out Paris; look out Milan; beware New York - there's a new girl in town.

    ReplyDelete