Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Glad I said yes!


There are plenty of things I could be blogging about right now, photos I can't wait to show you, things Pete has done that make me smile, things Aubrey says that make me laugh. However, as I was sitting here at my computer I realize that today is the day Bryan proposed to me 4 years ago. I thought it was a sign that I should tell you this fun story of my incredibly amazing husband.

First of all, I wasn't really sure when Bryan would propose to me and I was starting to wonder if he ever would. We were in a dating relationship for almost 2 years. I was living with three friends at the time (Vanessa, Laura & Beth) and worked a the Longview News Journal. Bryan was working at Satterwhite Log Homes at the time. He devised a plan to propose to me at the Satterwhite Model Log Home and then take me to the Tyler Street Bistro downtown for an engagement party. I was totally oblivious to the entire thing. I just thought we were going on a date out to eat.
Bryan said he had to check the Model Home first and make sure the lights where turned off, so I agreed to go with him there first. After realizing that our efforts were futile because most of the lights were censored lights, he called me onto the back deck...there, candles were lit and roses were at the table (Amy and Drew sneaked over before we got there). Bryan was a little nervous at first but he prayed with me then got on his knee and proposed to me. (note: Picture on the right was taken during our engagement pictures - it was where he proposed)
Friends came from Tyler and Corsicana. Family came from Tyler & Austin - Bryan even flew one of my closest friends, Megan, from Wisconsin, so that she could share that wonderful day with me. It was a great one! I don't want to possibly bore you with more details but I was completely overwhelmed by the love I felt that night from family, friends and Bryan (who incidentally is now part of my family AND my best friend).






6 comments:

  1. and what a blessed day that was.........
    and four years later what a blessed family and marriage you have.......
    I thank God each day for Bryan and Andrea.......
    Darrell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you said Yes, too! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to more than 4 years in true love:)!!!
    I'm so glad that God brought you together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:14 PM

    wow, what a great story! :)

    ~jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet story! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete