Saturday, October 18, 2008

These two buddies

I was just thinking about my friend Jessi and remembering fun times I had with her at LU playing intramural sports, drinkin' coffee, watching Waiting for Guffman, or just chillin' out at our trailer (yes, we lived in a trailer on Green street one summer)
I took some pictures of Pete and her son, Lars, when Jessi was in Texas last. She was due with Lars Mid-April and I was due with Pete late-March but we ended up having our boys about 12 hours apart. Also, it was pretty cool because neither one of us found out the gender of our babies early. (note: the above picture was taken in 2002 when my friend Jessi and I were going to LeTourneau - aw, sweet memories and sweet tea)

Jessi always pays me a visit when she comes back to her great home state and it is so much fun to hang out and catch up. She has been residing in VA for several years now.
I love my dear friend and I think it is awesome that we can share the bond of motherhood. She is so laid back and easy to talk to and is one of my truest friends in which I can confide.

I am sure these boys will have a photo shoot most every time Jessi and I get together until we hear the boys say "MOM, not again!" Of course, they will know the drill by then. This was the first time Lars and Pete met. - Lars born April 4th & Pete -April 5th

Here they are at 5 weeks



Here they are at 5 months



Here's to many more side-by-side pictures of these two buddies. We will take pictures of Pete and Lars together as well.

I dedicate this clip to Jessi - DQ Country misses you!

2 comments:

  1. How cute. I love pictures of babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dre!! This made me cry! (hormones of motherhood:)
    You are SO sweet, I'm so glad that we can share so much! I just wish we lived closer so we could do it more often!!
    I must say the video at the end is my favorite and made me laugh so hard!!!

    I obviously need to check your blog more often:)

    ReplyDelete