Sunday, March 09, 2008

All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go...

Well, today I am officially 37 weeks pregnant, full-term, and we are very excited. So now that I know I could have a baby any day, I decided to solidify some things. Now, we are actively preparing to go to the hospital at any time and are getting everything ready.

Preregistered at Good Shepherd? CHECK,
Birth Plan? CHECK,
Mentally Prepared? CHECK,
Baby necessities? CHECK,
Car seat ready? CHECK
Bed ready? CHECK
Bags packed? CHECK,

I don't know many people who wait to find out the sex of the baby so I don't really know how other people in our boat handle this situation. However, I really wanted to have some gender specific clothes ready for him or her when he or she gets home. This is what I have done: In the little, cheap, plastic drawers in our closet, I have one drawer filled with newborn neutral clothes, one with girl clothes and one with boy clothes. So now we are good to go!

I wish I could explain to you how it feels to not only anticipate the arrival of our child but also find out the baby's gender at the same time. It for sure makes the delivery part a lot more exciting for us.

OUR HOSPITAL BAG
- Bryan and I put a few items in the backpack we intend to take with us to the hospital that are somewhat special to us.

1. A handmade outfit that Aubrey wore home. My dear friend (Sara Gunter, whom I have been friends with since the 7th grade) handmade an outfit for Aubrey, which we put Aubrey in when we took her home from the hospital. I intend for each of my children to come home in this outfit, given that they can each fit in it.


2. Bryan's favorite shirt. It is the same shirt he wore when Aubrey was born and it holds special sentiment to both of us. (NOTE: it will be a little looser on Bryan this time around seeing as how he has not gained 30 lbs this pregnancy like he did when I was pregnant with Aubrey)




3. My sports watch. Bryan bought this watch for me and I had it on when I went into labor with Aubrey. I like to think of delivering a baby as a sport (I know it my sound weird to some of you but hopefully at least one person gets me) in the sense that I had my sites on a goal and was physically and mentally prepared to attain that goal (no pain, no gain - am I right?)


I will keep you informed as the due date draws near. I go to the Dr. on Tuesday so I will keep you updated on any progress. Hopefully in the very near future I will be able to show you pictures of our new little addition!

6 comments:

  1. It's the final countdown, da na na nuuu, da na na na naaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sport??! Well, I guess some people consider firewalking a sport.

    I guess in my mind a sport is something you do for fun, and while I would willingly go through the pain for my children, it's not something I'd do for kicks.

    Seriously, maybe you should look into surrogacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for ya'll. I can imagine how exciting it is for ya'll to see your sweet baby and to know what it is! Let me know if you want Aubrey to come play or any other way we can help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, looks like you are really prepared! hope and pray that everything goes well. we are so excited to find out if it's a he or she! :) good luck w/ labor and delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you girl! (I have another friend who also see's it as a sport too). Drown out the crowd and focus on the baby. You will make this shot, you might just have a few foul shots on the way to the basket:), keep pushing!!!

    I have kinda done the same thing with the clothes. Only I didn't wash the gender specific ones. I kept the receipts so I can take back the girl/boy clothes I don't need. But they are seperated and ready to be washed when it's go time.
    Sounds like you are better prepared than me though, we may need to colaborate on a game plan:).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THIS NEW BABY! AUBREY IS SO AWESOME HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE ON THAT? I GUESS WE'LL SEE IN A FEW DAYS. SHE WAS GREAT TONIGHT IN THE BABY CLASS. HAVE FUN WE'LL SEE ALL OF Y'ALL VERY SOON!

    ReplyDelete