Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Pride and Joy

First of all I just wanted to say how much I love being a mom. Before I had Aubrey, I was driving to work one day, and prayed that God would bless us with children because I didn't want it to be about me anymore. Well, it is for sure not about me now. I realize that as I have to schedule time during my day just to create this post. I thank God every day for our children and believe they are an answer to prayer.
We celebrated Mother's Day and all day I was just thinking about how much pride and joy it gives me to have two wonderful children. It is one of the most fulfilling things in my life. Also, I wanted to say how blessed I am to have a wonderful and supportive mother and mother-in-law. They are such great grandmothers too and I believe they would do pretty much anything for our kids.

This past weekend was crazy with Melissa Kitchens having her baby and my good friend Jessi Scherm coming to town with her new boy (only a day older than Pete). We also had a full day on Mother's Day going to my mom's church and seeing family (my Memaw was able to come which was pretty special) and later on that evening we got to hang out with Darrell and Debbie and have dessert, coffee and a photo shoot. Here are a few family shots from that day:

This is the first picture taken of me and both of my kiddos. It was pretty special seeing as how it was on Mother's Day.

I love this picture of Bryan and Pete. I love my boys and it is just a bonus that they are so incredibly cute.

This shot is great too of three generations of Silverthorne men.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. Children ARE an answer to a prayer and are such a blessing to those around them. I love the pictures from the photo shoot. You are a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post Andrea. WE appreciate you taking time to share your family with us ;) I enjoyed spending the day with you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if this post doesn't call for Kleenex, I don't know what does. I love the A+B Silverthorne family.

    ReplyDelete