Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Bringing Pete Home










The last few days have just been a whirlwind. I started my contractions on Saturday morning at 3:30am and from then on, it has been so wild! The sequence of events leading up to this point have been so awesome!! God is good!

- I was growing weary of being pregnant and because I was a week past my due date, I was just sure I was going to have to be induced, but went into labor on my own just in time!
- My sister (and dear friend, Amy Butler) was in town from Wyoming and was going to have to leave the next day but Pete came just in time for her to see him.
- My Dr. (Dr. James Mauldin) was not on call the day Pete was born but came anyway - what a blessing and relief that was for us!
- Amy Steele (a friend from our church and nurse for Good Shepherd) was due to get off 30 min. after we arrived at the hospital but decided to stay for the delivery AND hooked us up with a nice post-delivery room.

I don't believe that these wonderful things that happened on that blessed day were by accident. God cares even about the little things that are important to me. Thank you to all of our family and friends who paid us a visit at the hospital, sent us gifts, called and texted us with encouraging words and those who prayed for the safe delivery of our child. We appreciate you and have been overwhelmed with the love we have been shown. Even now, we are thankful for those of you who have provided and will provide meals for us in next several days.
I will have to tell you that we are so glad we waited to find out the gender of our baby. What an awesome surprise! AND we are so glad we waited for our baby to come naturally. Bryan and I have been so blessed with having healthy pregnancies and (in retrospect) easy deliveries of our children. WOW, we have CHILDREN now. I am starting to get use to saying that AND that I have a SON!

I appreciate my twin bro. creating our last post. He is always good to hook a sister up. I wanted to add a few pictures to the mix of our first days at home with Pete:



Aubrey loves her baby brother! She says "I wove you baby peep," and when he is crying she asks, "what wrong baby peep?" We were aware that it would be an adjustment for her, having a new dependent in the house but she seems so be adjusting very well. I think she is already an awesome big sister!






Also, people have asked who we think he looks like and I really have to say he looks a lot like Bryan, especially his baby pictures - what do you think?

BABY PETE


BABY BRYAN

4 comments:

  1. Wow - I think he really does look like Bryan in that picture! I am glad that you are doing well - I wish I could bring you some food...but I don't think it would make it! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad you guys are home. i hope you enjoy the days of 2 children. it has been a blessing for me and i know it will be for you too. i have been thinking about ya'll and praying the transition from one to two is a smooth one. love ya'll!!!
    (oh, and there is no mistaking who the father of that child is!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pete really looks like Bryan in those baby pictures!! WOW. Isn't that amazing?? Congrats again to the new additional - he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic of him and Aubrey close to the bottom!! I can't believe how much he looks like Bryan!

    Congrats!! We almost have twin boys(at least in the birthday)!! I can't believe it:) He is so cute! I hope you are getting some sleep!

    ReplyDelete