Monday, October 22, 2007

The wonder of the Glow Worm

I had a glow worm as a young child and although I can't recall a whole lot about my experiences with it, I did get a warm fuzzy feeling when my older brother gave one to Aubrey for her 1st birthday. At that time Aubrey didn't think much of it but I am sure glad we kept the little guy out.
Recently, Aubrey has cried when we have put her to sleep. She would usually calm down after 10 minutes or so, but oh, the torture to sit there and just let your sweet little toddler cry for that long.
Bryan had the wonderful suggestion to put her baby glow worm in the crib with her. The first night we did she cried for about a minute and then, to our wonderment, all we heard was the sweet music of the glow worm over and over again until Aubrey went to sleep...Man, that is MUCH better than hearing my child scream; it was so calming for all of us to hear. From that point on we put the little "bebe" (as she calls it) in Aubrey's, NO CRYING! It is a wonder to behold. Thank you makers of the glow warm; you have a great product! Here is proof that it works!

I know this is a simple video with just music coming from the monitor but it is very special to Bryan and I because our baby is peaceful at the other end of that.

Every morning when Aubrey wakes up, she cries for a little while. I go into her room and this is what I see:
She has gathered up all of her things and wants to get out of her crib. I love that she feels she needs to take her pillow, blanket and baby glow worm with her.

2 comments:

  1. Rylan does the same thing! Gather up the items in the crib that is. I thought she was the only one. That is too FUNNY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my glow worm when I was a kid!! It helps when they get o lder and their scared of the dark too!

    ReplyDelete